Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Good Perspective

You  know when you have "those" days where you just feel like "Your having the worse possible day"??!! Well, I am a follower of another blog on this website. It was brought to my attention by a fellow teammate and friend. If you have sometime, my hope is for you to read it. It is about this AMAZING young woman named Bridget she is younger than me a living with stage IV breast cancer. www.mybiggirlpants.blogspot.com

If you didn't know I hurt my back at work last week. I've been in some pain and as usual complain about how it hurts, etc. So this morning I got my wake up call. WHINING CAUSES BLISTERS!!! This is one of my favorite sayings on the 3 day. So my back does hurt, but it's not cancer. This is something I said to myself on the walk last year. Although it was about my legs hurting. As the end of day 1 came to a close, my legs were in PAIN!! I mean I knew I just walked 20 miles, but everyone else was walking just fine. Maybe, I didn't train enough (very true) or maybe I didn't stretch enough??? Did I get in enough electrolytes?? So after I went to medical and got fixed thanks to Nancy.
    I was better in the morning and I really wanted to walk day 2. So after breakfast, my tent mate and I went back to medical and asked to be released to walk.
 Every single day that I walked, I walked with men wearing pink bras (PROUDLY), women older than me, survivors telling their stories to women going through or just finishing treatment walking with huge beautiful smiles. I was amazed by these women for their strength and joy for life. So grateful to be here not just walking the 3 day, but to have a 2nd chance at life. I was humbled to even be in their presents!!

 I feel the same way when I read Bridget's blog. So I hope you make the time to read it and I hope your heart is humbled!

In life things happen that you don't see coming and that is just a part of life. It's what you chose to do in life, when your met with an unexpected surprise. I don't think anyone every really knows what to tell someone who has just found out something has changed in their life. What do you say to someone who has found out their life will NEVER really be the same again??  You tell them in your own loving way, that life will be different. Because you will look into yourself and find your warrior, you will be fearless and tell cancer or whatever maybe the battle to go F%&* off!!! Your life will never be the "same" because you will "never be the same" you have forever changed. You will have become stronger, wiser and come to relish the gift of life.


 Life was given  to us and sometimes is taken so lightly. All it takes is one moment to make you realize just how fragile it is. It is in these moments that define the person your are and are destined to be! So just remember this " TOMORROW IS NEVER PROMISED, SO LIVE IN IT AND LOVE IT TODAY!!!".

No comments:

Post a Comment