Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Like exlax for the soul!!!

I know your probably wondering what the hell that even means. Well on my way home after work, I usually cal my family back home in Hawaii. Well, I called my sister who is in the middle of chaos preparing to move. So as I listened to her go on about how crazy things were, I patiently waited till she was done. So after giving her a hard time about, "It's soooo hard for her to be the pretty girl!!!". I was having so much fun, laughing in my car as though we were sitting in the same room and I was making fun of her. I was glad it was 11:30 at night and no one could see me sitting in my car. They might find that weird!!
 So while her world seemed to be turning upside down and different colors. I made her STOP and pull up my blog. I know to some that may seem selfish or weird. However she lives a very busy life, even more so in the middle of moving. So, anyway. I also had her bring my grama into the room, so they could read it together. So now they are in my sister's room, which I'm pretty SURE was a DISASTER sitting there wth me on speakerphone. I had her pull it up and scroll down to the one I had wrote about her. So I asked my sister to read it out loud and as she did I could hear how my words had touched her heart. Words which to some people, may be just words. But they are more than that, words can create and evolve. I had heard in her voice an impression left on her heart and her soul by MY WORDS.....That's amazing. She and my Grama loved it and they were amazed and very proud of me.
 So I look at this blog of mine as therapy for me and it really helped me to hear someone read my words out loud. It's one thing to sit here alone and write down what comes into you mind. It's quite another to hear them brought to life, by someone simply reading it a loud.
 So as my sister unknowing took a break and put her chaos on hold, She was able to breath life into my words. It made me feel HEARD, ACCOMPLISHED & WHOLE!!
 Afterwards, I called my Aunty Bev. and I asked her to do the samething. However, I had warned her that I was gonna make her cry. Then I stated to her that it wasn't in a bad way. I said it's a good cry is like cleansing your soul. Then I came up with,"I'm like exlax for your soul, I'll give you a good flush!" (Don't really know where that came from).Only cause she has such a soft heart and feels as easily as I do. So I asked her to read it aloud. As she did I had noticed a change in her voice and she had began crying. So at this sametime 3000 + miles away from home, I was sitting in my car tearing up along with her. These words that I had written down, were no longer just words! They had evolved into a statement, a mission statment!

I know not much of this post has to do with my 3 day, but this we'll chuck up to a rambling. I love my family so much and miss them dearly. I know that if I were to leave this world tomorrow, they would all know how much I loved them all!!
 I love you all and appreciate all the love you have given me. I am who I am because you taught me, that I can do anything I put my mind to.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the new blog! It looks awesome! Keep up the good work! I can't wait to do the walk with you in Boston this July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bran,
    Saying how proud of you doesn't even come close the word seems insignificant but it is monumental. The meaning of monumental is: "exceptionally great, as in quantity, quality, extent, or degree: a monumental work."
    That's what you are and what your words do to others. You move me to tears and laughter at the same time. You are EXCEPTIONALLY GREAT!! I love our short and long talks when you are driving home or when I'm walking Koda in the park. Your presence is with me always!!!
    Keep writing you fill my soul with JOY...
    Love you,
    Mom B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bran,
    When I tell you how proud of you the word seems so insignificant because the words you write are monumental!
    The meaning of monumental: "exceptionally great, as in quantity, quality, extent, or degree: a monumental work."
    Your words move me to cry and laugh at the same time because when I read them I can actually hear you saying them.
    I enjoy our chats while you are driving home or when I walk Koda in the park. You have a gift with words. You always find a way to make someone smile....That is your gift to the world!
    Keep blogging and spread your aloha....
    Love you,
    Mom B

    ReplyDelete